View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This design shows the implementation of IR Remote Control functionality using the integrated IR features of the MSP430FR4133 device. Examples include basic IR ASK TX and RX, and a Learning Mode where the device can be trained to control existing IR devices, like a television.
- Demonstrates usage of the IR modulation logic features built into the MSP430FR4133 for a simpler, more efficient IR modulation implementation
- Supports 38kHz carrier IR ASK demodulation, but can be modified for other carrier frequencies
- Uses 4x4 membrane keypad and demonstrates matrix keypad detection
- Shows functions on the segmented LCD display on the MSP-EXP430FR4133 Launchpad using the MSP430FR4133 integrated display driver
- This design includes software demo projects for TX, RX, and Learning Mode, and includes a design guide with a discussion of design theory for IR