View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Noise Tolerant Capacitive Touch Human Machine Interfaces Design Guide
(PDF 11134 KB)
09 Mar 2016 679 views
The Noise Tolerant Capacitive Touch HMI design (TIDM-CAPTOUCHEMCREF) is a reference design for implementing noise tolerant capacitive touch human-machine interfaces (HMIs). It integrates TI's MSP430FR2633 microcontroller (MCU) featuring high performance CapTIvate™ touch technology with the TPS7A4533 linear regulator and UCC28910 flyback switcher. This reference design demonstrates how to design hardware and software that can pass challenging system level tests for conducted RF immunity, electrical fast transient/burst immunity, and electrostatic discharge immunity by applying a three-sided design approach consisting of hardware design techniques, CapTIvate technology peripheral features and software signal processing.
- MSP430™ MCU with CapTIvate™ touch technology for noise-tolerant capacitive touch sensing
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted noise tolerance up to 10Vrms
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient/burst tolerance up to ±4kV
- IEC 61000-4-2 electrostatic discharge tolerance up to ±8kV contact discharge and ±15kV air discharge
- Mutual and self capacitance sensing panels with universal AC and 12V DC power supplies for multiple test configurations