View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- EtherCAT Interface for High Performance C2000 MCU Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 9852 KB)
15 Nov 2016
This reference design demonstrates how to connect a C2000 Delfino MCU to an EtherCAT™ ET1100 slave controller. The interface supports both demultiplexed address/data busses for maximum bandwidth and minimum latency and a SPI mode for low pin-count EtherCAT communication. The slave controller offloads the processing of 100Mbps Ethernet-based fieldbus communication, thereby eliminating CPU overhead for these tasks.
- High-Bandwidth, low-latency interface to Beckhoff ET1100 EtherCAT Slave Controller
- Asynchronous 16-bit parallel interface with demultiplexed address/data bus
- Eliminates CPU overhead for EtherCAT frame processing
- Includes example code for direct memory R/W of ET1100 Dual-port RAM