A Simple Glass-Breakage Detector Reference Design TIDM-GBD-SIMPLE (ACTIVE)
See the Important Notice and Disclaimer covering reference designs and other TI resources.
This reference design describes a simple glass breakage detector using the MSP430F2274 and was developed to operate at low power, allowing long battery life. The algorithm is based on the spectral analysis of a typical glass breakage signal by analyzing signal characteristics such as peak content, number of zero crossings, and frequency composition. A glass breakage alert is indicated by an onboard buzzer and an LED.
- Fully integrated, single-chip glass breakage detector
- Integrated Op-amps provide on-the-fly configurable filtering stages for signal detection and processing
- As low as 50µA average current consumption during monitoring operation
- Implements high power output horn driver stage capable of up to 106dB
- This reference design is tested and includes firmware, hardware design files & documentation.
- Hardware based on this design can also be ordered from Olimex.com