View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Smart Electrical Meter Development Platform (SMB 3.0) Design Guide
(PDF 10640 KB)
11 Feb 2014 140 views
The Smart Electrical Meter Development Platform or Smart Meter Board (SMB 3.0) is a modular development platform incorporating key TI Smart Grid technologies including energy measurement, Power Line Communications, wireless communications, power management, and embedded processing. It is an excellent platform for evaluating the breadth of TI’s Smart Grid technology for any type smart e-meter. The SMB makes it simpler for developers to compare different TI energy measurement and communications solutions to determine which options are the best fit for their application.
- Single-phase or poly-phase energy measurement
- Add-on communications modules for Power Line Communications in either the CENELEC or FCC frequency bans.
- Add-on communications modules for wireless communications standards such as ZigBee®, Wi-Fi®, Wireless M-Bus, and IEEE-802.15.4g. Both 2.4GHz and Sub-1GHz.
- Wireless communications to TI In-home Display reference design
- PLC connection with TI PLC data concentrator design