View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This design is a digitally controlled, grid-tied, single phase, full-bridge DC/AC inverter stage for use in central or string solar inverters. It is a companion to TI Design TIDM-SOLAR-DCDC, a front-end DC/DC converter with maximum power point tracking (MPPT). Together, the TIDM-SOLAR-DCDC and the TIDM-SOLAR-ONEPHINV comprise a complete solar inverter for central or string topologies. A C2000™ F28M35H52C microcontroller (MCU) is the digital controller for the full-bridge DC/AC inverter stage, efficiently operating the inverter stage while additionally implementing Ethernet-based remote control and monitoring of the inverter. The inverter output is grid-tied with anti-islanding protection. This design achieves total harmonic distortion (THD) of less than 5 percent, and full load efficiency greater than 96 percent, providing more energy extraction from a solar installation, reducing detrimental heat dissipation in the inverter, and increasing inverter longevity.
- Implements control of a single phase, full bridge, grid-tied, DC/AC inverter with anti-islanding protection.
- C2000™ F28M35H52C MCU serves as a high performance controller for the DC/AC inverter, executing high-frequency control loops to control the power stage and feed the output into the power grid, while additionally implementing ethernet-based remote control and monitoring of the inverter.
- Selectable 120/220 VAC outputs up to 600W, suitable for worldwide solar markets.
- Greater than 96 percent peak efficiency and less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion mean improved energy extraction and longer inverter lifetime.
- Solar and digital power software libraries provide code-optimized building blocks to implement a variety of power topologies and algorithms such as maximum power point tracking (MPPT) and Software Phase Locked Loops (PLL), perfect for designing customized solar inverter solutions.
- Fully-functional reference design includes software, hardware design files, quick start graphical interface and step-by-step documentation
NOTE: Software for this board is located inside the controlSUITE™ software package. Download controlSUITE at http://www.ti.com/tool/controlsuite. Once installed, navigate to ""High Voltage Solar DC/AC Inverter Kit"" under the Development Tools -> Solar section.