View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- High Accuracy Three-Phase Electricity Meter With Tamper Detection Test Data
(PDF 167 KB)
24 Jan 2014 296 views
Implementation of a Three-Phase Electronic Watt-Hour Meter Using MSP430F677x(A) (Rev. G)
(PDF 2449 KB)
05 Aug 2015 2,087 views Read Abstract
The design implements a highly accurate three-phase electric meter system using the MSP430F6779 smart meter SoC. It exceeds all of the requirements for ANSI C12.20 and IEC-62053 Class 0.2 meters. The F6779 SoC is the most integrated polyphase e-meter SoC with 512KB flash. This allows developers to create a true single-chip smart e-meter with the highest performance and accuracy. In addition, this EVM has tamper detection capabilities which assist the engineer’s development of methods to prevent theft of electricity from utilities.
- Three-phase electricity meter which exceeds Class 0.2 accuracy requirements from ANSI and IEC
- TI Energy Library firmware calculates all energy measurement parameters including active and reactive power and energy, RMS current and voltage, power factor, and line frequency.
- Add-on communications modules for wireless communications standards such as ZigBee ®, Wi-Fi®, Wireless M-Bus, and IEEE-802.15.4g. Both 2.4GHz and Sub-1GHz.
- Built-in 160-segment display
- Powered from three-phase line voltage