- USB High Speed Reference Design for ARM® Cortex®-M4F Based High-Performance TM4C
(PDF 8894 KB)
20 Sep 2016 480 views
This design uses TI's high-performance ARM® Cortex®-M4F based TM4C129x microcontrollers (MCUs) with integrated USB 2.0 controller to interface with an external High Speed USB PHY. The design includes software that allows data exchange between USB high speed and Ethernet. The design also features transceivers for CAN and UART serial interfaces to connect a host to legacy RS232 machines or to interface with CAN bus. Provision for digital communication interfaces like UART, I2C and SSI to bridge external devices and aggregate data from slow interfaces to a high speed USB link has been provided in this reference design.
- USB 2.0 High Speed PHY integration with software controlled switch to enumerate USB port as either High Speed or Full Speed.
- TivaWare™ Software USB Library for ease of developing custom USB software
- Firmware example and Host application showing how to implement USB to Ethernet. Example code may be extended to support UART, CAN, SPI and I2C over USB.
- PCB supports connection to external RS232, CAN and Ethernet networks