View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Active Volume Control for Professional Audio Design Guide
(PDF 879 KB)
08 Jan 2014 601 views
TIPD136 Design File
(ZIP 2424 KB)
08 Jan 2014 177 views
This TI Verified Design implements a split-supply, high-performance volume control which attenuates a professional line-level audio signal with minimal distortion and noise. An input buffer preserves the behavior of the system independent of the audio input source impedance. A radio frequency (RF) filter on the circuit front end removes noise from outside the audio band, while a bidirectional transient voltage suppressor (TVS) diode protects against overvoltage spikes.
- Input and Output: Professional line-level audio signal (+4 dBu / 1.228 VRMS)
- Includes RF filter and over voltage protection
- THD+N at 1 kHz: < 0.0005% (-106 dB)
- Gain deviation (30% to 100% potentiometer rotation): ±1.5 dB
- Supply voltage: ±15 V
- Utilizes OPA1604 High-Performance Audio Operational Amplifier