View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Tone Stack for Guitar Amplifier Reference Design
(PDF 1182 KB)
07 Apr 2015 611 views
TIPD186 Design File (Rev. A)
(ZIP 4929 KB)
12 Aug 2015 204 views
This split-supply, high-performance guitar tone circuit provides control of the bass, mid, and treble frequencies of an electric guitar signal, while also providing gain with minimal distortion and noise. Buffered inputs and outputs preserve the behavior of the system independent of the source and load impedances, and a radio frequency (RF) filter on the circuit front end attenuates noise from outside the audio band.
- THD+N at 1 kHz: -105 dB
- Treble adjustment range: 10 dB
- Mid adjustment range: 9 dB
- Bass adjustment range: 19 dB
- Supply voltage: ±15 V
- Utilizies OPA1642 high-performance, JFET-input audio operational amplifier