View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Headphone Amplifier for Voltage-Output Audio DACs Design Guide
(PDF 917 KB)
09 Oct 2015 86 views
TIPD189 Design File
(ZIP 703 KB)
02 Nov 2015 23 views
This reference design details a high-fidelity headphone amplifier circuit suitable for portable applications, such as smartphones and tablets. It uses an operational amplifier (op amp) with low power consumption and a very small package to convert a differential output voltage to a single-ended signal suitable for headphones. The design achieves -110.2dB THD+N at >50mW of output power into 32Ω headphones.
- Low power consumption (1.6mA/Ch) to maximize battery life
- Extremely small solution size for space-constrained designs
- >50mW output power (32Ω), suitable for a range of headphones
- -106.7dB THD+N (1kHz, 10mW, 32Ω) for exceptional audio quality
- 31mΩ output impedance
- Stable into most headphones without series resistance