High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer's Kit
CAUTION: This equipment operates at high voltages and currents which can result in hazardous electrical shock. Please make sure you understand and follow all necessary safety precautions prior to purchasing and operating.
TMDSHVMTRPFCKIT is a DIMM100 controlCARD based motherboard evaluation module. The High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit provides a great reference platform to learn and experiment with digital control of high voltage motors with Texas Instruments’ C2000™ 32-bit microcontroller family. This kit is a superb, all-around motor inverter design tool, showcasing control of the most common types of high voltage, three phase motors—including AC induction (ACI), brushless DC (BLDC), and permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM). Digital motor control methods are demonstrated, including trapezoidal, variable frequency (V/F), and field oriented control (FOC), using sensored or sensorless back-EMF techniques. Users learn design and digital control of a full inverter design from AC input—with Power Factor Correction (PFC)—all the way through the motor drive stages and motor control.
To view all available motor control tools, visit the C2000 Tools and Software page
- Three phase inverter baseboard with interface to accept DIMM100 controlCARDs
- XDS100v1 USB to JTAG emulation (with additional UART)
- 3-phase motor inverter stage rated for 1KW loads
- Two phase interleaved power factor correction stage rated to 750W (no software examples)
- 85-132 VAC / 170-250 VAC input
- Isolated CAN communications interface
- Isolated UART communications interface
- Isolated USB JTAG emulation
- Four PWM DACs for observation and debug of system variables through an oscilloscope
- Over-current protection for PFC stages and inverter stage via MCU PWM trip functionality
- Includes the following controlCARDs
- Free download of Code Composer Studio IDE
- Free download of controlSUITE
- Includes full software source for all motor and control types, example projects, and hardware design files
- Library for latest software observer (eSMO) and high frequency injection initial position detection techniques are also available
- Install controlSUITE
- Launch controlSUITE and navigate the left-hand menu to Development Tools > Motor > High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit v2.1 > Documentation > Quick Start Guide CCSv5, and follow the instructions in the guide.
- Use your own motors or recommended versions sold by TI
- MathWorks Support
- Learn more about MathWorks support for the High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer’s kit.
- PSIM® Companion Simulations
- The High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer’s kit has been modelled in PSIM®. These companion examples implement FOC or trapezoidal control in with either a sensored or sensorless algorithm that match the controlSUITE projects. Embedded code can be auto-generated from the schematic and imported directly into CCS.
- Piccolo TMDSCNCD28035 controlCARD
- Delfino TMDSCNCD28335 controlCARD
- High Voltage Motor Control Development Board
- Universal AC Cables
- USB cable
- DC Power adapter
Take your C2000 design to the next level
Access the vast collection of hardware, software libraries, and application specific tools with C2000 MCUs to further the learning and development of your own custom solutions.