AM572x Industrial Development Kit(IDK)
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
TMDSIDK572 is a prototype evaluation module and is available in limited quantities.
- AM572x Industrial Development Kit (IDK) Evaluation Module (EVM) Hardware UG (Rev. E)
(PDF 1523 KB)
11 Sep 2019
The AM5729 Industrial Development Kit (IDK) is a development platform for evaluating the industrial communication and control capabilities of Sitara AM572x processors for applications in factory automation, drives, robotics, grid infrastructure, machine learning and more. This platform is shared with the TMDSIDK574 IDK, highlighting the pin-compatibility of the AM572x and AM574x processors.
Machine learning (inference) and analytics at the edge is accelerated with 4x Embedded Vision Engines (EVE) cores. Learn more.
AM572x processors include dual PRU-ICSS (Programmable Real-time Unit for Industrial Communications) sub-systems which can be used for industrial Ethernet protocols such as Profinet, EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP, and others. AM5729 enables the EVE cores for ML applications. The TMDSIDK572 breaks out six ports of Ethernet, four of which can be used concurrently: 2x Gb Ethernet ports and 2x 10/100 Ethernet ports from the PRU-ICSS subsystems.
Get started with your evaluation now:
AM5729 IDK Quick Start Guide
Download the latest Sitara Processor SDK with TIDL
- 4x Embedded Vision Engines (EVE) co-processors for machine learning inference acceleration
- 2GB DDR3 (dual channels)
- 16GB On-board eMMC
- Profibus connection, EtherCAT and RS485 Headers
- 1L PCIe Gen2, 1x USB3, and HDMI connectors
- USB JTAG compatible with Code Composer Studio
- AM5729 Industrial Development Kit board
- 2MP CMOS camera (8-bit parallel interface)
- microSD card pre-flashed with SDK (USB to microSD adapter included)
- USB type-A to micro-USB for JTAG and console access
- Quick Start Guide
Power supply is not included. See the Hardware User's Guide for recommendations.