DM6437 Digital Video Development Platform
This product continues to be in production to support existing customers.
DaVinci™ TMS320DM6437 Digital Video Development Platform (DVDP) simplifies development of digital video applications for $495.00 US. The DVDP provides developers with a comprehensive hardware and software platform that can be used throughout the entire design process to accelerate the development of a wide range of applications such as in-flight entertainment systems, machine-vision systems, robotics, video security and video telephony, as well as automotive vision applications such as lane departure and collision avoidance.
The DM6437 EVM offers multiple expansion slots for extending connectivity to virtually any hardware prototype or peripheral. The PCI Host Driver expands configuration options for developers by enabling them to plug the DM6437 EVM directly into a PC to use the PC as a host during initial development before prototype hardware is designed and available. The EVM can also be used in a standalone fashion, connected to a PC using onboard emulation, or through a standard JTAG connector.
Rounding out the software offering is SoC Analyzer, TI’s high-level system tuning and visibility tool which enables developers to visualize SoC streaming data rather than be limited to post-mortem static data analysis. By being able to capture and graphically display system interactions and load distribution, isolate bottlenecks, identify unexpected behaviors, and benchmark application performance, developers are able to maximize efficiency and overall performance while eliminating tedious manual data collection and comparison.
Note: DM6437 DVDP requires registration, in order to download the related software. Look for instructions in the box with purchase.
The DVDP comes with multiple demo options, leveraging the complete DaVinci infrastructure which can be used as a how-to for developers or as a starting point for product development. Sample A/V files are included for immediate out-of-the-box evaluation.
- Simple self-contained demos burnt into boot flash memory – Runs out of the box
- Simultaneous Video Encode/Decode
- H.264 (Baseline Profile) Video Encode/Decode, G.711 Speech Encode/Decode (CIF)
- PC-based High-level demos (Ethernet to PC connection)
- Encode demo modes
- H.264 (Baseline Profile) Video Encode (CIF), G.711 Speech Encode
- MPEG4 (Standard Profile) Video Encode (CIF), G.711 Speech Encode
- H.264 (Baseline Profile) Video Encode (D1)
- Decode demo modes
- H.264 (Baseline Profile) Video Decode (D1), G.711 Speech Decode
- MPEG4 (Standard Profile) Video Decode (CIF), G.711 Speech Decode
- MPEG2 Video Decode (D1), AAC LC Decode
- MPEG2 Video Decode (D1), MPEG1 Layer1 Decode
- Host PC Application for data transfer and storage
- Encode demo modes
TI Software Codecs - Demo codecs, optimized for the DM6437, are available with the DVDP. TI has additional production-licensed codecs available for download.