C5505 eZdsp USB Stick Development Tool
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The TMDX5505eZDSP is a small form factor, very low cost USB-powered DSP development tool which includes all the hardware and software needed to evaluate the industry's lowest power 16-bit DSP: TMS320C5504 and TMS320C5505. The USB port provides enough power to operate the ultra-low-power C5505 so no external power supply is required.
This ultra low cost tool allows quick and easy evaluation of the advanced capabilities of the C5505 and C5504 processors. This tool has embedded XDS510 emulator for full source level debug capability and supports Code Composer Studio™ Rev. 4.0 integrated development environment (IDE) and eXpressDSP™ software which includes the DSP/BIOSv kernel. The full contents of the Development Tool include: C5505 eZDSP board Code Composer Studio IDE Rev. 4.0.
The TMS320C5504 and TMS320C5505 are industry's lowest power 16-bit processors helping conserve energy at exceptional levels and enabling longer battery life. With 200 MIPS performance, upto 320KB on-chip memory, higher integration (including a hardware accelerator for FFT computation) than comparable devices at a competitive price, C5504 and C5505 provide a foundation for a range of signal processing applications, including voice recorder, musical instruments, portable medical solutions and other consumer electronics in industrial and security applications.Features of the TMDX5505eZdsp include:
- Small form factor DSP development tool for C5505 processor
- TMS320C5505 fixed point low power DSP
- Embedded XDS100 emulator
- I2C EEPROM
- TLV320AIC3204 32-bit programmable low power stereo codec
- Line In, Headphone Out Connectors
- Expansion connector
- Removable USB stick enclosure
- Includes Code Composer Studio 4.0
- Full documentation on CD-ROM
- Designers can readily target the TMS320C5504/5 DSP through TI's robust and comprehensive Code Composer Studio development platform, including:
- A complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE), an efficient optimizing C/C++ compiler assembler, linker, debugger, integrated CodeWright editor with CodeSense technology for faster code creation, data visualization, a profiler and a flexible project manager
- DSP/BIOS(TM) real-time kernel
- Chip Support Library