C5515 eZDSP USB Stick Development Tool
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- C5515 eZdsp (Rev. A)
(PDF 370 KB)
08 Nov 2010
The TMDX5515eZDSP is a small form factor, very low cost USB-powered DSP development tool which includes all the hardware and software needed to evaluate the industry’s lowest power 16-bit DSP : TMS320C5515. This tool is similar to TMDX5505eZdsp in the form factor but provides more evaluation options such as USB2.0 and SD interface. The USB port provides enough power to operate the ultra-low-power C5515 so no external power supply is required. This ultra low cost tool allows quick and easy evaluation of the advanced capabilities of the C5515, C5514, C5505A and C5504A processors. This tool has embedded XDS100 emulator for full source level debug capability and supports Code Composer Studio4.0™ integrated development environment (IDE) and eXpressDSP™ software which includes the DSP/BIOS™ kernel. The full contents of the Development Tool include: C5515 eZDSP board Code Composer Studio™ IDE Rev. 4.0.
The TMS320C5514 and TMS320C5515 are industry’s lowest power 16-bit processors helping conserve energy at exceptional levels and enabling longer battery life. With 240 MIPS performance, upto 320KB on-chip memory, higher integration (including a hardware accelerator for FFT computation) than comparable devices at a competitive price, C5514 and C5515 provide a foundation for a range of signal processing applications, including voice recorder, musical instruments, portable medical solutions and other consumer electronics in industrial and security applications.
Features of the TMDX5515eZdsp include:
- Small form factor DSP development tool for C5515 processor
- TMS320C5515 fixed point low power DSP
- Embedded XDS100 emulator
- Flash memory
- TLV320AIC3204 32-bit programmable low power stereo codec
- USB and SD connectors
- Line In, Headphone Out Connectors
- Expansion connectors
- Removable USB stick enclosure
- Includes Code Composer Studio 4.0
- Full documentation on CD-ROM
- Designers can readily target the TMS320C5504/05/14/5 DSP through TI's robust and comprehensive Code Composer Studio™ development platform, including:
- A complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE), an efficient optimizing C/C++ compiler assembler, linker, debugger, integrated CodeWright editor with CodeSense technology for faster code creation, data visualization, a profiler and a flexible project manager
- DSP/BIOS(TM) real-time kernel
- Chip Support Library