30-W Stereo Analog Input Class-D Audio Amplifier Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
Next Generation 30-W, Stereo Class-D Amplifier with Low-Idle Power Dissipation (Analog-In) for Battery Operated Systems Evaluation Module Available: TPA3128D2EVM
The TPA3118D2 evaluation module showcases TI’s 30-W Stereo Analog Input Class-D Audio Amplifier with a small number of external components mounted on a circuit board that can be used to directly drive a speaker with an external analog audio source as the input; the evaluation module can also be configured as a 60-W, Class-D mono audio amplifier in PBTL mode. TPA3118D2 requires no external heatsink as its pad-down package allows a PCB plane to be used as heatsink.
System designers can quickly evaluate TPA3118D2’s sound quality and verify system specifications with the TPA3118D2EVM evaluation module. The TPA3118D2EVM User's Guide contains the schematic, layout and bill of materials for a reference design.
- 2x30W into 8Ω at 24V with <1% THD+N in Stereo BTL mode
- 1x60W into 3Ω at 24V with <1% THD+N in Mono PBTL mode
- No external heatsink needed: Pad-Down HTSSOP package allows PCB plane to act as heatsink
- Wide supply voltage range: 4.5V to 26V
- Wide Switching Rates 400 kHz – 1.2 MHz
- Four Selectable, Fixed Gain Settings
- Integrated Self-Protection Circuits Including Overvoltage, Undervoltage, Overtemperature, DCDetect and Short Circuit with Error Reporting