TPD12S015A Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The TPD12S015A is an integrated HDMI companion chip solution. The device pin mapping matches the HDMI Type D or Type C connector with four differential pairs. This device offers 8 low capacitance ESD clamps allowing HDMI 1.4 data rates. The integrated ESD clamps and resistors provide good matching between each differential signal pair. This provides an advantage over discrete ESD clamp solutions where variations between ESD clamps degrade the differential signal quality. The TPD12S015A provides a regulated 5V output (5VOUT) for sourcing the HDMI power line. The regulated 5V output supplies up to 55mA to the HDMI receiver. The control of 5VOUT and the hot plug detect (HPD) circuitry is independent of the LS_OE control signal and is controlled by the CT_CP_HPD pin. This independent control enables the detection scheme (5VOUT + HPD) to be active before enabling the HDMI link.
- Conforms to HDMI Compliance Tests without any External Components
- Supports HDMI 1.4 Data Rate
- Match Class D and Class C pin mapping
- Excellent Matching Capacitance (0.05pF) in Each Differential Signal Pair
- Internal Boost Converter to Generate 5V from a 2.3-5.5V Battery Voltage
- Auto-direction sensing Level Shifting in the CEC, SDA, and SCL paths
- Industrial Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C