TPS25741 Evaluation Module with Power Multiplexer and Port Power Management Capabilities
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- TPS25741EVM-802 and TPS25741AEVM-802 EVM User's Guide for Desktops (Rev. A)
(PDF 996 KB)
07 Feb 2017
The TPS25741 evaluation module (TPS25741EVM-802) contains evaluation and reference circuitry for the TPS25741, which is a dedicated USB PD type C downstream facing port (DFP) controller. TPS25741 relies on an upstream converter to output 5V, 12V, and 20V (TPS25741). This EVM uses an TPS54531 based buck converter as the power supply for TPS25741.
- TPS25741 Built in IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Protection on CC1 and CC2 pins
- State-machine implementation requires no firmware
- Variable output voltage of 5V, 12V, and 20V depending on request
- Up to 5A output current with captive cable attached. Default is 3A
- Smooth transitions between 5V, 12V, and 20V that are compatible with USB PD specification