TPS54383 12V Input, Dual 5V and 3.3V Output, 2A Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Using the TPS54383EVM (Rev. C)
(PDF 391 KB)
22 Jan 2008
The TPS54383EVM evaluation module (EVM) is a dual non-synchronous buck converter providing fixed 5.0 V and 3.3 V output at up to 2 A each from a 12 V input bus.
The EVM is designed to start up from a single supply, so no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS54383 Dual Non-Synchronous Buck Converter with Integral High-Side FET. TPS54383EVM is designed to use a regulated 12 V (+10%#37; / -20%) bus to produce two regulated power rails, 5.0 V and 3.3 V at up to 2 A of load current each. TPS54383EVM is designed to demonstrate the TPS54383 in a typical 12 V bus system while providing a number of test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS54383 in a given application. The EVM can be modified to other input or output voltages by changing some of the components.
- 12 V (+10% / -20%) Input Range
- 5.0 V and 3.3 V Fixed Output Voltage, Adjustable with Resistor Change
- 2 ADC Steady State Output Current (3 A Peak)
- 300 kHz Switching Frequency (fixed by TPS54383)
- Internal Switching MOSFET and External Rectifier Diode
- Double Sided 2 Active Layer PCB (all components on top side, test point signals routed on internal layers)
- Active Converter Area (less than 2.5 square inch < 1.15" x 2.15")
- Convenient Test Points (used for probing switching waveforms and non-invasive loop response testing)