Data Capture/Pattern Generator: Data Converter Evaluation Module With 8 LVDS Lanes up to 1.5Gbps
- TSW140x High Speed Data Capture/Pattern Generator Card (Rev. D)
(PDF 5447 KB)
26 Apr 2016
The TSW1400EVM is a complete pattern generator and data capture circuit board used to evaluate most of Texas Instruments’ (TI) high speed analog-to-digital converters (ADC) and digital to analog converters (DAC).
The TSW1400EVM features a high speed LVDS bus capable of providing 16-bits of data at 1.5 GSPS. Additionally, the board will support a dual 16-bit CMOS interface that will be enabled in a future firmware upgrade. These two interfaces will allow evaluation for almost all of Texas Instruments’ catalog of high speed ADC and DAC evaluation modules at their full data rate. The board comes with 1GB of memory, which provides a 16-bit sample depth of 512 MB. This improved memory enables better FFT frequency resolution and larger capture sizes for more realistic tests. All of this functionality comes at a price that is lower than any other complete solution on the market.
The intuitive/easy-to-use GUI software package was designed using the TSW1400EVM family. It is an easy to use GUI that allows users to conduct time domain tests, single- or multiple-tone frequency tests, and even load their own test patterns. The EVM connects to your computer via a USB cable, and ships with the necessary power adapter.
The TSW1400EVM is compatible with all ADCs and DACs listed in the Related Devices section of this website. If there is any question as to whether or not the TSW1400 supports the device of interest, please ask in the e2e forum for High Speed Converters
- Complete 16-bit data capture and pattern generation platform for high-speed ADCs and DACs
- Compatible with LVDS, CMOS interfaces
- Analysis on up to eight simultaneous channels
- Provides 1-GB memory, enabling 512M sample depth
- Supports up to 1.5-GSPS LVDS I/O rates for both ADCs and DACs
- Compatible with TSW1405 and TSW1406 GUI software
- Altera Stratix IV FPGA
- Integrates functions of TSW3100EVM legacy solutions