TSW38J84 Evaluation Module TSW38J84EVM (ACTIVE)
The TSW38J84EVM Evaluation Module is an evaluation board that allows system designers to evaluate the performance of Texas Instruments' dual transmit signal chain consisting of the DAC38J84, TRF3722, TRF3705, and the LMK04828. For ease of use as a complete dual RF transmit solution the TSW38J84EVM includes the LMK04828 to clock the DAC38J84 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and the TRF3722 integrated RF synthesizer and modulator. The TRF3722 is also used as the local oscillator (LO) source for a second modulator, the TRF3705, to create a compact dual transmit solution. The 4 channels of the DAC38J84 are up-converted using the TRF3722 and TRF3705 to the RF frequency.
- The DAC38J84 is a four-channel, ultra-low power, 16-bit, 2.5-GSPS DAC with a maximum data input rate of 1230 MSPS/DAC
- The TRF3722 is a high performance quadrature modulator with integrated PLL and VCO and an output frequency range of 400 MHz to 4100 MHz.
- The TRF3705 is a high performance quadrature modulator and an output frequency range of 300 MHz to 4000 MHz.
- The LMK04828 is an ultra-low noise clock generator and jitter cleaner with JESD204B support capable of jitter below 100 fs RMS and output frequencies beyond 2500 MHz for clocking the DAC38J84 at its full rate.
The TSW38J84EVM is designed to work seamlessly with the TSW14J56EVM, Texas Instruments’ JESD204B pattern generator card, through the High Speed Data Converter Pro (HSDCPro) software tool for high-speed data converter evaluation. The TSW38J84EVM was also designed to work with many of the development kits from leading FPGA vendors that contain an FMC connector.
- Complete bits-to-RF dual transmit signal chain solution utilizing the JESD204B interface
- TRF3722 integrated modulator and RF synthesizer reduces solution size and simplifies layout
- Enables evaluation of RF performance of both TRF3722 and TRF3705 modulators
- Includes LMK04828 for onboard clock generation and jitter cleaning
- Direct connection to TSW14J56 pattern generator for streamlined testing
- Compatible with many of the development kits from leading FPGA vendors that contain an FMC connector
- Software support with full featured GUI for easy testing and device evaluation