WiLink 8 GNSS Driver and Android Test Application
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Status||Current Version||Version Date||OS||Host|
|ACTIVE||vNL184.108.40.206-a||03-APR-2015||Android Kitkat 4.4.2 and GLSDK 7.x||AM335/AM437/DRA7xx|
This package contains the GNSS driver to support Android KK and GLSDK7.x on TI Jacinto-6 platform. The package includes the source code, firmware service pack, documentation and test application to integrate and port the GNSS stack to Android and GLSDK based platforms. The driver manages the devices functionalities and includes implementation to communicate with the WL8/Q device over shared interface.
WiLink8 GNSS Driver Documents
WiLink 8 GNSS driver documents contain integration guides, release notes, application notes, user guides and measurement results for WiLink 8 solutions. If you do not have access to the documents below, please request access by emailing WiLink8_GNSS_Driver_Docs@list.ti.com.
|File Name||Description||Version||Date||File Type||File Size|
|WL187x GNSS ES2p2 SP0p168 Release Notes||Release notes for WiLink8 WSP GNSS FW Service Pack||v0.168 1.0||30-Jul-14||172.5 KB|
|WL187x GNSS ES3p0 SP0p11 Release Notes||Release notes for WiLink8 QFN GNSS FW Service Pack||v0.11 1.0||15-Jan-15||309.6 KB|
|WL18xx GNSS Android BringUp Manual V6.0||GNSS SW integration guide for Android Kitkat4.4.2. The document is applicable for AM335x and J6 platform||6.0||03-Apr-15||544.3 KB|
|WL18xx GNSS Linux BringUp Manual V6.0||GNSS SW integration guide for GLSDK 7.x with Linux kernel 3.14.x. The document is applicable for J6 platform||6.0||03-Apr-15||462.4 KB|
- Pre integrated to Android and Linux
- WL8 GNSS host drivers are integrated for latest Android releases(Android KitKat) and also for Linux(Kernel version 3.14). The Android release includes the middleware(HAL) to interact with the location manager and provide the required information to the application . The Android releases can be validated with any location application available in the Android market. The Linux release can be validated with command line application.
- Same driver for both WL8 and WL8Q devices
- The WL8 and WL8Q devices(different ROM version) use the same host driver on Linux/Android . The only difference is in the firmware patch used by different devices. The host driver has the feature to read the ROM version of the device and then update the appropriate firmware patch to the device.
- Supports Autonomous cold, hot, warm starts
- The device supports autonomous cold start in the case there is no aiding data available to the device. The TTFF can be significantly reduced if there is valid aiding data like the ephemeris, almanac, reference position and time. The host driver has capability to inject valid aiding data to the device and perform hot/warm start thereby having faster TTFF
- Android CTS test suite
- The Android host driver including the HAL are compliant to the latest Android CTS test suite. The host driver passes all the test cases with varied test parameters of the CTS test suite for GPS on latest Android version.
- Complete integration verifies on J6 and AM335x
- The Android and Linux host drivers are validated on Jacinto6 and AM335x on latest available BSP releases for these platforms. The WL8 GNSS driver package includes the release notes and the integration manual for seamless integration of the drivers on these platforms.