- ADCPro Hardware and Software Installation Manual (Rev. A)
(PDF 2977 KB)
28 Mar 2012 2,148views
- ADCPro(TM) Analog-to-Digital Converter Evaluation Software User's Guide (Rev. C)
(PDF 3450 KB)
29 Mar 2012 2,196views
View ADCPro Noise Histogram
ADCPro is a modular software system for evaluating analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) without the need for expensive logic analyzers and complex analysis routines. Used alone it is suitable for performing analysis on data sets captured from ADC testing; when paired with a Texas Instruments ADC evaluation module (EVM) and suitable data capture card, it becomes part of a powerful evaluation package.
To install ADCPro or update your current version, please utilize the ADCPro Launcher application (link below). This application will help to streamline the upgrade process and allow you to install new plug-ins directly from the software. The ADCPro Launcher will notify you when there are any updates to the ADCPro application or individual plug-ins and allow for easy download and installation. The ADCPro Launcher application requires an active internet connection to work properly.
Download ACDPro Launcher Installer
Current ADCPro software version 2.0.1
Current Launcher version 1.0.1
ADCPro software from Texas Instruments will simplify the tasks of collecting and analyzing ADC data, and ease evaluation. With it, you can easily set up an evaluation system that may not exactly replicate the manufacturer's system, but still arrive at meaningful results that can be compared to system requirements.
- Ability to save and recall data sets
- Modular design allows additional EVMs and Tests to be supported
- Time, Histogram, and Frequency Domain Testing
Without any hardware, ADCPro can be used to analyze datasets - this can be an easy way to evaluate the tool. Data can come from two different plugins included in the distribution:
- TripleGen - a three channel function generator
- FileReader - an EVM plugin that reads data files stored in the ADCPro format
Using TripleGen as a data source, you can explore the functionality of ADCPro and learn about the test capabilities of the program.
The ADCPro data file format is tab-delimited text and compatible with most spreadsheet programs. If you have data collected from an existing ADC, you can easily format it for reading by FileReader and use ADCPro to analyze the data.
The test plugins that come with ADCPro are:
- Data Monitor - display the data you've loaded or acquired
- MultiScope - a multichannel oscilloscope for time domain analysis
- MultiHisto - a multichannel histogram test with DC noise analysis
- MultiFFT - a multichannel FFT plugin that displays your data in the frequency domain, and calculates signal-to-noise (SNR), total harmonic distortion (THD), signal-to-noise plus distortion (SINAD or THD+N), and spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR).
Plugins for connecting hardware to ADCPro are available for some Texas Instruments analog-to-digital converters. See the related products section for those evaluation packages that are compatible with ADCPro.
Minimum hardware and software requirements for ADCPro Version 2.0.0:
- IBM PC compatible computer with:
- Pentium III/Celeron 866MHz or equivalent processor
- Minimum 256MB of RAM (512MB or greater recommended)
- Hard disk drive with at least 200MB free space
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2/SP3