Adobe Flash Plug-In - Evaluation and Demo for TI ARM CortexA8 Devices Status : PREVIEW
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments||Status||Host||OS||Current Version||Version Date||Description|
||ACTIVE||PC||Android||Eval/Demo v10.3.r185||20 JUN 2011||Adobe Flash 10.3.r185 Plugin for FroYo (2.2) and GingerBread (2.3) Webkit browsers on the Android platform.|
||ACTIVE||PC||Linux||v11.02.00.00||29 FEB 2012||Adobe Flash 11.1 plugin for the Firefox browser on the Linux platform.|
- Adobe recently announced it will no longer continue to develop Flash Player “in the browser” for embedded platforms.
- Adobe will remove Flash plugin from Android Market in 2Q 2012 and will increase investment in HTML5. See: Adobe blog conversation.
- Request for access to this release is approved by TI on a case-by-case basis to end equipment manufacturers/customers.
- This Evaluation/Demo code is provided ONLY for users developing products with Texas Instruments Cortex(tm)-A8 based microprocessors (i.e.: Sitara(tm) and DaVinci(tm) platforms).
- This Flash plug-in has been tested ONLY with TI Sitara ARM® Cortex™-A8 Software Development Kits (SDKs). See LINUXEZSDK-SITARA.
- This code is NOT intended for production use. If you intend to ship this software with your product, please contact Adobe or Adobe partners directly for any necessary qualification and licensing.
- Prior to production, work with Adobe scaling partners for licensing and certification needs:
- For more details, please read carefully the TI license terms and conditions provided in the installer.
This drop of Adobe® Flash® 11 Plugin demonstrates Flash 11 running on ARM® Cortex-A8-based TI platforms. This allows customers to evaluate Flash Player Plugin on the supported TI Cortex A8-based microprocessors.
Currently, support is available for the following platforms:
- Linux™-X11 Firefox browser
- Android™ Froyo (2.2) and GingerBread (2.3) Webkit browser
- Supports NEON accelerated multimedia playback
- Comprehensive mobile platform feature set described here.
- No watermark on the playback allowing direct certification.
- Supports local and remote SWF file based animation and games with ActionScript and Pixel Bender special effects