ADS5474-SP Evaluation Module
- ADS5444/63/74-SP EVM User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 1722 KB)
05 Sep 2013 149 views
The EVM provides a platform for evaluating the ADS5444HFG/EM, ADS5463HFG/EM, and ADS5474HFG/EM under various signal, reference, and supply conditions. Two analog inputs to the ADC are provided via external SMA connectors. One input path uses a pair of THS9001 amplifiers, while the other input is AC coupled. In both cases, the user supplies a single-ended input, which is converted into a differential signal.
The EVM provides an external SMA connector for input of the ADC clock. The single-ended input is converted into a differential signal at the input of the device. Digital output from the EVM is via a high-speed, high-density Samtec output header.
Power connections to the EVM are via banana jack sockets. Separate sockets are provided for the ADC analog and digital supplies and for the differential amplifier supply.
The EVM can be powered directly with only three supplies: a 3.3-V supply for both ADC analog and digital driver supply, and 5 V for the ADC analog supply.
Note: This EVM contains Pb, a necessary component for QML parts
- 400 MSPS Sample Rate
- 14 Bit Resolution, 10.9 Bits Effective Number of Bits (ENOB)
- 1.28 GHz Input Bandwidth
- SFDR = 78 dBc at 230 MHz and 400 MSPS
- SNR = 69.8 dBFS at 230 MHz and 400 MSPS
- 2.2 VPP Differential Input Voltage
- LVDS-Compatible Outputs
- Total Power Dissipation: 2.5 W
- Power Down Mode: 50 mW
- Offset Binary Output Format
- Output Data Transitions on the Rising and Falling Edges of a Half-Rate Output Clock
- On-Chip Analog Buffer, Track-and-Hold, and Reference Circuit
- Available in a 84 pin ceramic nonconductive tie-bar package (HFG)
- Military Temperature Range: –55°C to +125°C
- Pin-Similar/Compatible with 12-and 14-Bit Family: ADS5463-SP and ADS5444-SP
- Test and Measurement Instrumentation
- Software-Defined Radio
- Data Acquisition
- Power Amplifier Linearization
- Communication Instrumentation