Bluetooth low energy software stack and tools
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
CC2640 Bluetooth low energy Software Developer’s Guide
(PDF 4670 KB)
25 Feb 2015 33,501 views Read Abstract
- CC2540/41 Bluetooth Low Energy Software Developer’s Guide (Rev. F)
(PDF 2271 KB)
08 Jul 2013 30,878 views
Texas Instruments' Bluetooth® low energy BLE-Stack™ 2.1.0 software stack for TI’s SimpleLink™ Bluetooth Smart CC2640 wireless MCU and SimpleLink™ multi-standard CC2650 wireless MCU is a full-featured Bluetooth 4.1 stack that includes all necessary software to get started on the development of single-mode Bluetooth Smart applications.
The main features of the BLE-Stack 2.1.0 are:
- Full support for Bluetooth Core 4.1 specifications
- Bluetooth Smart network processor solution with simple API
- Over-the-Air firmware upgradability via an external flash memory
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave operation and support for up to 8 connections
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as beacons and peripherals
- Enhancements to BLE-Stack version 2.0 including performance, security, TI-RTOS updates and additional flash memory configuration options
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and libraries
- Wide range of sample applications, including CC2650 SensorTag, and certified profiles to reduce time to market
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM® and Code Composer Studio™ tool chains
Texas Instruments' Bluetooth® low energy BLE-Stack™ 2.0.0 software stack for TI’s SimpleLink™ Bluetooth Smart CC2640 wireless MCU device is a full-featured Bluetooth 4.1 stack that includes all necessary software to get started on the development of single-mode Bluetooth Smart applications.
The main features of the BLE-Stack 2.0.0 are:
The stack is available royalty-free to customers using TI’s CC2640 wireless MCU and also runs on TI’s SensorTag 2.0 and CC2650DK.
Texas Instruments' Bluetooth low energy BLE-Stack 1.4.1 software stack for TI’s CC2540 and CC2541 devices is a full-featured Bluetooth 4.0 stack that includes all necessary software to get started on the development of single-mode Bluetooth Smart applications. The BLE-Stack 1.4.1 is available royalty-free to customers using TI’s C2540/41 Bluetooth low energy system-on-chip (SoC) family and also runs on TI’s first generation SensorTag, CC2541DK-SENSOR and remote control CC2541DK-RC development kits.
BLE-Stack 1.4.1 is a maintenance release and provides most updated and robust Bluetooth 4.0 SW stack for CC2540 and CC2541 devices. It is strongly recommended that all ongoing and new development projects update to BLE-Stack 1.4.1 release. For further details on this update, see the release notes in the BLE-Stack 1.4.1 installation. Additional resources, such as a porting guide and example applications can be found on the TI BLE Wiki.
BLE-stack 1.4.1 includes object code with the latest Bluetooth low energy protocol stack supporting multiple connections, sample projects and applications covering an extensive set of profiles with source code, and BTool, a Windows PC application for testing applications. In addition to the software, the kit contains documentation, including a developer’s guide, sample applications guide, and API guide.
The SmartRF Packet Sniffer is a free and easy to use tool for analyzing the packets sent over a Bluetooth low energy link. Use the CC2540 USB dongle or a SmartRF05EB + CC2540EM (included in the CC2540DK) to capture the packets. The tool is available here.
Texas Instruments also works with Perytons to provide an advanced protocol analyzer for Bluetooth low energy. The Perytons BLE Protocol Analyzer (Peryton-Smart) supports the TI’s CC2540 USB Dongle which can be ordered as the CC2540EMK-USB kit. Perytons provides protocol analyzers with several views, features and add-ons, providing detailed analysis of Bluetooth low energy sessions. You can also use the Perytons BLE Protocol Analyzer to look at your TI SmartRF Packet Sniffer BLE capture files (.psd) with this online converter.