Fuel Tank MKII Battery BoosterPack Plug-In Module
- Battery BoosterPack Plug-in Module (BOOSTXL-BATPAKMKII) Quick Start Guide
(PDF 677 KB)
09 Jun 2016 840 views
- Fuel Tank MKII Battery BoosterPack™ Plug-in Module (BOOSTXL-BATPAKMKII)
(PDF 2664 KB)
27 Jun 2016 1,054 views
The Fuel Tank MKII BoosterPack™ plug-in module is the next generation design of the original Fuel Tank BoosterPack module. This BoosterPack includes next-generation TI battery monitoring ICs and other new features to make it easier to use. The Fuel Tank MKII BoosterPack module allows TI LaunchPad™ development kits to be powered from the included rechargeable lithium polymer battery, further enabling mobile application development and evaluation.
The Fuel Tank MKII BoosterPack plug-in module includes an on-board lithium polymer battery charger and gas gauge that provide critical parameters of the battery, including temperature, charging state, capacity, and more. The BoosterPack module comes with a lithium polymer battery cell, which can be disconnected by a switch, and charged through an on-board micro USB connector.
The battery features of this BoosterPack module can work with any BoosterPack-compatible LaunchPad development kit. However, code examples for using the fuel gauge aspect of the kit to interrogate the battery status are only provided for specific LaunchPad kits.
- 3.7V 12000mAh lithium polymer battery
- On- board BQ24250 lithium polymer charger
- On- board BQ27441 gas gauge
- Works with TI LaunchPad™ Development Kits
- USB charging with indicator LED
- Battery status outputs: battery temperature, voltage, average current, charge state, and remaining capacity