Motor Drive BoosterPack featuring DRV8301 and NexFET™ MOSFETs
- BOOSTXL-DRV8301 Quick Start Guide
(PDF 1188 KB)
14 Oct 2013 1,038 views
- BOOSTXL-DRV8301 Hardware User's Guide
(PDF 4147 KB)
31 Oct 2013 3,280 views
The BOOSTXL-DRV8301 is 10A, 3-phase brushless DC drive stage based on the DRV8301 pre-driver and CSD18533Q5A NextFET™ power MOSFET. The module has 3x low side current sense amps (2 internal to DRV8301, 1 external). The module also has a 1.5A step down buck converter, is fully protected with short circuit, thermal, and shoot-through protection, and is easily configured via a SPI interface. This boosterpack is ideal for those wishing to learn about sensorless brushless control techniques and drive stage design. This kit was designed to work with any LaunchPad XL, with primary software support through the http://www.ti.com/tool/LAUNCHXL-F28027F using MotorWare to support the InstaSPIN™-FOC sensorless control solution.
- 6 to 24V supply input
- Supports up to 14A peak, 10A continuous current output
- Supports voltage and current feedback for InstaSPIN-FOC sensorless control solution
- Complete brushless DC drive stage in ultra small form factor (2.2” x 2.3”)
- 3x low side current sense amps, 6x Power FETs (< 6.5mΩ) & 1.5A step down buck converter
- Drive stage is fully protected including short circuit, thermal, shoot-through, and under voltage protection.