5V, Qi Compliant Wireless Power Transmitter Manager Evaluation Module
The Texas Instruments bq500212AEVM-550 evaluation module (EVM) demonstrates the transmitter portion of the bqTESLA™ wireless power system. This transmitter EVM is a complete transmitter-side solution that powers a bqTESLA™ receiver. The EVM is compliant to WPC standard version 1.1 with Foreign Object Detection (FOD) for improved protection from stray metal objects in the charging area. The bq500212AEVM-550 requires single 5-V at 2A power supply to operate and combines on the single printed-circuit board the transmitter electronics, input power socket, LED indicators, and the transmitting coil. The open design allows easy access to key points of the electrical schematic. The bq500212A does not require an MSP430 to achieve low standby power. This improvement over the legacy bqTESLA TX IC helps reduce cost.
- Conforms to Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) 1.1 Specifications with FOD detection
- Operates with both WPC1.1 and WPC1.0 Receivers
- Supports Wireless Power Solutions Operating from 5V Input
- Demonstrates WPC A11 Transmitter coil without a magnet
- Features Dynamic Power Limiting (DPL) for USB and Limited Source Operations
- Intelligent Control of the Power Transfer between Base Station and Mobile Device