SimpleLink™ Bluetooth Smart® SensorTag Reference Design
View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- CC2650 SensorTag Quick Start Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 266 KB)
16 Feb 2016 3,825 views
The new SensorTag IoT kit invites you to realize your cloud-connected product idea. The new SensorTag now includes 10 low-power MEMS sensors in a tiny red package. And it is expandable with DevPacks to make it easy to add your own sensors or actuators.
Connect to the cloud with Bluetooth Smart and get your sensor data online in 3 minutes. The SensorTag is ready to use right out the box with an iOS and Android app, with no programming experience required to get started.
The new SensorTag is based on the CC2650 wireless MCU, offering 75% lower power consumption than previous Bluetooth Smart products. This allows the SensorTag to be battery powered, and offer years of battery lifetime from a single coin cell battery.
The Bluetooth Smart SensorTag includes iBeacon technology. This allows your phone to launch applications and customize content based on SensorTag data and physical location.
Visit www.ti.com/sensortag for more information, and to download software and design files.
- More sensors!
- Adds support for more low power sensors
- 10 sensors including support for light, digital microphone, magnetic sensor, humidity, pressure, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, object temperature, and ambient temperature
- Lower power
- Longer battery life from your coin cell and enabler of battery less applications
- High performance ARM Cortex M3 (CC2650)
- Cloud connectivity
- Access and control your SensorTag from anywhere
- Seamless integration with mobile apps
- DevPacks allows you to expand the SensorTag to fit your designs
- Interchangeable between all SensorTag types
- Complete development system
- Expandable with $15 debug DevPack
- Code Composer Studio compiler license included