The function of this reference design is to monitor the isolation resistance of a high-voltage bus to the chassis ground. Monitoring the isolation strength of coupling devices and components from high voltage to the chassis ground is a necessary feature in HEV’s and EV’s as battery management systems, traction inverters, DC/DC converters, onboard chargers, and other subsystems operate at high voltage (greater than 60 V).
- Accurate isolaton voltage measurement
- Accurate leakage current estimation
- Estimated isolation resistance
- Accurate high-voltage measurement
- Scalable to multiple batteries