Stellaris® 13.56-MHz RFID Wireless Kit
ViewDK-EM2-7960R Kit Contents
The Stellaris® 13.56 MHz RFID Wireless Kit from Texas Instruments is a complete system solution for enabling RFID capabilities in customers' end equipment. The solution uses our most popular Stellaris microcontroller development kit (sold separately), a Stellaris EM2 expansion board, and TI's TRF7960TB HF RFID Reader Module along with all necessary firmware and software to provide a compelling RFID development environment and interactive system demonstration.
RFID technology has been selected for most contactless smart card projects and as a result, become the most successful brand within the automatic fare collection industry. In addition, the RFID products successfully address other applications such as loyalty, road tolling, access management, and gaming. RFID is based on ISO/ IEC 14443 Type A which is the international standard for proximity card systems consisting of card and reader components with a typical read/write distance of 10 cm (4 inches).
The Stellaris® 13.56 MHz RFID solution allows software application developers to become familiar with the operation of the TRF7960TB Multi-Standard Fully Integrated 13.56 MHz RFID reader IC using their Texas Instruments' Stellaris DK-LM3S9B96 development platform without having to be concerned about the RF portion of the system. The Stellaris EM2 expansion board (DK-LM3S9B96-EM2) facilitates the connection of up to 2 wireless expansion modules using SPI as the primary interface to the TRF7960TB module.
The DK-EM2-7960R firmware development software contains security features and is therefore subject to U.S. Export Controls. Please ensure you request and have received approval for the software download before purchasing the DK-EM2-7960R wireless kit.
FeaturesThe 13.56 MHz RFID Wireless Kit has the following features:
- Open architecture platform–convenient, fast, flexible
- Broadest product portfolio and suppliers available
- Mixed installations possible
- Multiple manufacturing sources for cards (50) and readers (200)
- Based on ISO/IEC 14443A standard and used in >80% of all contactless smart cards today
- Proven, reliable, and robust technology
- More than 1 billion smart card ICs in the field
- More than 7 million reader components sold
- Operable in harsh environmental conditions and maintenance-free
- Proven, compatibility through a competent and
independent certification institute