The Stellaris® EM2 Expansion Board (DK-LM3S9B96-EM2) from Texas Instruments is an optional expansion board which connects directly to the External Peripheral Interface (EPI) port of the Stellaris DK-LM3S9B96 (or DK-LM3S9D96) development board. The EM2 expansion board provides a transition between the Stellaris External Peripheral Interface (EPI) connector and the RF Evaluation Module (EM) connector. The DK-LM3S9B96-EM2 enables wireless application development using Low Power RF and RF ID evaluation modules on the Stellaris DK-LM3S9B96 (or DK-LM3S9D96) platform.
The DK-LM3S9B96 (or DK-LM3S9D96) development board (sold separately) provides a complete platform for evaluating the LM3S9000 series of Stellaris microcontrollers, featuring extensive connectivity options such as 10/100 Ethernet, Controller Area Network (CAN), Universal Serial Bus (USB) Full Speed On-The-Go, and Inter-IC Sound (I2S).
The EM2 expansion board has the following features:
- 2 sets of EM connectors to support up to 2 RF evaluation modules
- 1 kilobit of I2C memory for storing configuration data and EM2 expansion board detection
- EM digital and analog audio signal headers
- EM MOD1 SDIO connection headers
- 32 Khz oscillator for slow clock source to primary EM2 expansion board connector