DRV8305-Q1 Automotive 3-Phase Motor Gate Driver Evaluation Module
- DRV8305-Q1 Evaluation Module User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 3767 KB)
02 May 2016
The DRV8305-Q1EVM evaluation module (EVM) is a 4.4 V to 45 V, 25 A, 3-phase motor drive and control system based on the DRV8305-Q1 automotive motor gate driver, TMS320F28027 motor control microcontroller, and CSD18540Q5B NexFET™ power MOSFET. The EVM allows for simple evaluation of the DRV8305-Q1 with a wide array of test points, interfaces, and configurability.
The EVM has onboard reverse battery protection, a regulated 3.3 V supply from the TPS7B6933-Q1 LDO, interface header for all control and feedback signals , and onboard XDS100v2 emulator. The EVM has individual DC bus and phase voltage sense as well as individual low-side current shunt sense for sensorless BLDC control algorithms. The drive stage is fully protected with short circuit, thermal, shoot-through, and undervoltage protection and is easily configurable via an SPI interface.
The EVM is ideal for evaluation and rapidly developing with the DRV8305-Q1, with primary software support through MotorWare using the InstaSPIN-FOC sensorless control solution.
- 4.4 V to 45 V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Supports up to 25 A Continuous Output Current
- Provides Phase Voltage and Current Feedback For Sensorless BLDC Control Solutions
- Complete Brushless DC Control and Drive Stage
- Onboard XDS100v2 Emulator