- DS16EV51-AEVKC User Guide
(PDF 268 KB)
23 Feb 2012 754views
The DS16EV51-AEVKC CAT5 Cable Extender Demo Kit provides a complete HDMI system extension solution with cost effective CAT5 cables, using TI's DS16EV5110A - a Video Equalizer.
The kit consists of a driver adapter board and a receiver equalizer board. The driver board has one HDMI female receptacle connector and two RJ45 jacks. It is a passive board without power supply. It serves as an adapter between HDMI and CAT5 interfaces. The receiver equalizer board has two RJ45 jacks and one HDMI female receptacle connector with other components, including a DS16EV5110A device.
All the TMDS signals are connected through first RJ45 jack between two boards. The DDC signals, Hot Plug, 5V Power and 5V Ground are directly connected between the HDMI connectors to the second RJ45 jack on both boards, making this demo kit HDCP compliant.
A 3.3V VCC 1-pin header (J4) and a GND 1-pin header (J5) are used for the power supply for the receiver equalizer board.
Alternately, an AC/DC power adapter (>300mA) can be used for the receiver equalizer board to provide 5V DC voltage for easy portability. A 1.8mm DC Power Jack is used to connect the AC/DC Power Adapter. TI's LP3964, a 3.3V, 800mA, Fast, Ultra Low Dropout Linear Regulator, converts the 5V power supply voltage to a 3.3V power supply voltage that powers the DS16EV5110A and other active components on the receiver board.
- Compatible with DTV Resolutions 480i, 480p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 1080p with 12 bit deep color depth.
- Compatible with Computer Resolutions of VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA
- Supports TMDS HDMI or DVI Single Link
- Adjustable rotary switch for easy custom EQ boost level setting to reach maximum length of TMDS Interface with Twisted Pair , HDMI, or DVI Cables
- Single 3.3V Supply
- Ultra Portable with AC/DC Power Adapter (not included in the kit)
- 500 mW Typical Power Consumption
- >6kV ESD Rating
- -40 to 85C Industrial Temperature Range
- The DS16EV51-AEVKC demo kit extends TMDS with the UTP (Unshielded Twist Pairs) CAT5 or CAT6 cable as follows:
- High Definition Displays and Televisions
- High Definition Front- Projectors
- LCD Computer Monitors
- Cable Extender