BQ2003 Evaluation Module for NiCd/NiMH, switchmode, up to 3A
DV2003S1 Fast Charge Development System User's Guide
(PDF 859 KB)
05 Sep 1999 75 views Read Abstract
View DV2003S1 Graphic
The DV2003S1 Development System provides a development environment for the bq2003 Fast-Charge IC. The DV2003S1 incorporates a bq2003 and a buck-type switch-mode regulator to provide fast charge control for 2 to 16 NiCd or NiMH cells.
Review the bq2003 data sheet and the application note,"Using the bq2003 to Control Fast Charge," before using the DV2003S1 board.
The fast charge is terminated by any of the following: DT/Dt, -DV, maximum temperature, maximum time, maximum voltage, or an external inhibit command. Jumper settings select the -DV enabled state, and the hold-off, top-off, and maximum time limits.
The user provides a power supply and batteries. The user configures the DV2003S1 for the number of cells,-DV charge termination and maximum charge time (with or without top-off), and commands the discharge-before-charge option with the push-button switch S1.
- bq2003 fast charge control evaluation and development
- Charge current sourced from an on-board switch-mode regulator (up to 3.0 A)
- Fast charge of 2 to 16 NiCd or NiMH cells
- Fast-charge termination by delta temperature/delta time (DT/Dt), negative delta voltage (-DV), maximum temperature, maximum time, and maximum voltage
- -DV enable, hold-off, top-off, maximum time, and number of cells are jumper-configurable
- Charging status displayed on charge and temperature LEDs
- Discharge-before-charge control with push-button switch
- Inhibit fast charge by external logic-level input