The eZ430-RF256x is a complete TI Bluetooth® evaluation and demonstration tool for the MSP430 and TI's Bluetooth that includes all the necessary hardware and software in a convenient USB stick. The tool includes a USB-powered emulator to program and debug your application and two Bluetooth target boards featuring the highly integrated MSP430BT5190 ultra-low-power MCU & Panasonic PAN1323 module. The required embedded software comes pre-flashed on the MSP430 device for ease of use out of the box. The tool also comes with a sample PC game that you can play using the target board as a remote controller. Users may download the eZ430-RF256x Software Development Kit (SDK) to develop and instantly demonstrate Bluetooth applications using the included battery expansion board and AAA batteries. The eZ430-RF256x SDK includes MindTree's Ethermind Bluetooth stack, Serial Port Profile (SPP) and embedded sample applications running on FreeRTOS.
NOTE: The eZ430-RF256x SDK license requires that the MSP430BT5190 must be used only in combination with TI's Bluetooth solutions which are a part of Panasonic modules such as PAN1325 for production. This kit comes with the PAN1323 module for evaluation only. For production use, please use the PAN1315 or PAN1325 modules.
For more information please see the EZ430-RF256x Wiki
For more information on Texas Instruments Wireless Connectivity, please visit
For more information on MSP430 Bluetooth, please visit
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
- PAN1323 Bluetooth module with antenna (contains TI CC2560A device)
- MSP430BT5190 – 25MHz, 256KB Flash, 16KB RAM, 12 Bit ADC, 4 USCIs, 32-bit HW Multi
- Pre-flashed eZ430-RF256x SDK with MindTree’s Ethermind Bluetooth stack, Serial Port Profile (SPP) and embedded sample applications running on FreeRTOS
- Interactive sample PC game for demonstration of Bluetooth use in a remote control application
- VTI’s 3 axis accelerometer (CMA3000-D01) with user selectable 2 g and 8 g measurement range and capable of sub-10 uA current consumption at 40 Hz sample rate.
- Temperature sensors with accuracy as low as +/- 2 degrees Celsius from -40C to +85C.
- Supports software development with the MSP430BT5190 microcontroller
- Removable USB stick enclosure
- 2 LEDs
- 3 pushbuttons