Chronos: Wireless development tool in a watch
- eZ430-Chronos Development Tool User's Guide (Rev. F)
(PDF 9343 KB)
04 Oct 2013 12,893 views
The eZ430-Chronos is a highly integrated, wearable wireless development system based for the CC430 in a sports watch. It may be used as a reference platform for watch systems, a personal display for personal area networks, or as a wireless sensor node for remote data collection.
Based on the CC430F6137 <1 GHz RF SoC, the eZ430-Chronos is a complete CC430-based development system contained in a watch. This tool features a 96 segment LCD display and provides an integrated pressure sensor and 3-axis accelerometer for motion sensitive control. The integrated wireless feature allows the Chronos to act as a central hub for nearby wireless sensors such as pedometers and heart rate monitors. The eZ430-Chronos offers temperature and battery voltage measurement and is complete with a USB-based CC1111 wireless interface to a PC.
The eZ430-Chronos watch may be disassembled to be reprogrammed with a custom application and includes an eZ430 USB programming interface.
Check out the BM Innovations Chest Strap to use the Chronos as a heart rate monitor.
For more information on other TI wireless solutions, please see the CC430 Wireless Microcontrollers home page.
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
|RF Operating Frequency||433 MHz||868 MHz||915 MHz|
|Acceptable Operating Region||Acceptable worldwide||Europe and India||N. & S. America|
|Ordering Options||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
- Fully functional sports watch based on the CC430F6137, MSP430 with integrated <1GHz wireless transceiver
- Watch reprogrammable for custom wireless applications
- Highly integrated watch includes on-board 3-axis accelerometer, pressure sensor, temperature sensor, battery voltage sensor
- 96-Segment LCD display driven directly by CC430
- Can be paired wirelessly with heart rate monitors, pedometers or other devices based RF transceivers like the CC1101 or SoCs such as the CC430 or CC111x
- Includes an eZ430 USB emulator that connects the Chronos to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging
- Includes IAR Kickstart and Code Composer Studio integrated development environments which includes an assembler, linker, simulator, source-level debugger, and code limited C-compiler
- Supports development with some 2xx Spy Bi-Wire devices (refer to Table 1-1 in MSP430 Hardware Tools User's Guide for complete compatibility list)
Community Projects & Support
For the latest information on new projects from TI and the community please check the Chronos Wiki.
- 2 spare screws
- CC1111 USB RF access point
- CD containing documentation and development software
- Mini Phillips screwdriver
- eZ430 USB programming and debugging interface
- eZ430-Chronos wireless watch