MSP430 Wireless Development Tool
eZ430-RF2500 Sensor Monitor Demo (Rev. G)
(ZIP 3466 KB)
07 Oct 2013 1,540 views
eZ430-RF2500T Hardware Design Files
(ZIP 181 KB)
09 Mar 2009 365 views
- eZ430-RF2500 Development Tool User's Guide (Rev. F)
(PDF 1293 KB)
16 Jun 2015 1,753 views
The eZ430-RF2500 is a complete wireless development tool for the MSP430 and CC2500 that includes all the hardware and software required to develop an entire wireless project with the MSP430 in a convenient USB stick. The tool includes a USB-powered emulator to program and debug your application in-system and two 2.4-GHz wireless target boards featuring the highly integrated MSP430F2274 ultra-low-power MCU. Projects may be developed and instantly deployed using the included battery expansion board and AAA batteries. All the required software is included such as a complete Integrated Development Environment and SimpliciTI, a propriety low-power star network stack, enabling robust wireless networks out of the box. The eZ430-RF2500 uses the MSP430F22x4 which combines 16-MIPS performance with a 200-ksps 10-bit ADC and 2 op-amps and is paired with the CC2500 multi-channel RF transceiver designed for low-power wireless applications.
The eZ430-RF emulator interface may be used with any Spy Bi-Wire enabled MSP430, such as the F22xx and F20xx series, and is fully compatible with the eZ430-F2013 and eZ430-T2012 target boards. The emulator interface can be used to download and debug your target applications, and can transmit serial data to your PC while in or out of a debug session.
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
- CC2500 - 2.4 GHz, ISM band multi-channel low power transceiver
- 2 LEDs
- 1 pushbutton
- Supports development with some 2xx Spy Bi-Wire devices (refer to Table 1-1 in MSP430 Hardware Tools User's Guide for complete compatibility list)
- Supports MSP430 Application UART allowing serial communication to PC
- Supports eZ430-T2012 and eZ430-RF2500T target boards
- Removable USB stick enclosure
- SimpliciTI, low power network stack
- Example wireless sensor network project measuring temperature, voltage and signal strength
- SLAC063, Code Composer Essentials v3.1 SR1 Core Edition - Free 16KB IDE (Rev. K)
- SLAU144, MSP430x2xx Family User's Guide (Rev. J)
- SLAC139, eZ430-RF2500 Sensor Monitor Demo (Rev. G)
- SLAC050, IAR Embedded Workbench KickStart (IAR 6.20.1 / WIN) (Rev. BA)
- SLAU227, eZ430-RF2500 Development Tool User's Guide (Rev. F)
- MSP430F2274 – 32KB Flash, 1KB RAM, 1 USCI (UART, (2) SPI, I2C, IrDA), 10-bit 200 ksps, 2 Op Amps
- One AAA battery pack with expansion board (batteries included)
- One eZ430-RF USB debugging interface
- Two eZ430-RF2500T wireless target boards