Grace – Graphical Peripheral Configuration Tool
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date||Description|
|ACTIVE||v2.2.0.00006||16-12-2013||A GUI-based peripheral configuration tool that generates fully commented C code.|
For more information, visit the Grace Wiki
- Fully harness MSP430 MCUs integrated analog and digital peripherals with Grace Software
Enable and configure ADCs, DACs, timers, clocks, serial communication interfaces and more, by interacting with buttons, drop-down menus, and text fields. Navigate through the MSP430 MCUs highly integrated peripheral set with ease.
- Grace software supports all MSP430FR57xx, MSP430FR58xx/FR59xx, MSP430F2xx and G2xx Value Line MCU devices
This means it supports the MSP430 MCUs most popular tools such as MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad, eZ430-F2013, eZ430-RF2500 and other tool kits.
Specific MSP430 devices supported in the latest release are:
- MSP430FR57xx/58xx/59xx Devices
- MSP430G2xx Value Line Devices
- MSP430F2xx Devices
Stand-alone program or seamless integration into TI's eclipse-based Code Composer Studio software
Grace software generates easy-to-understand C code, which is directly inserted into your active project. This seamless integration into the integrated development environment (IDE) allows the Grace generated code to be debugged and downloaded into your MSP430 microcontroller just as if it was handwritten. Grace is also available as a stand-alone tool to support other IDEs, such as IAR Embedded Workbench.
- GUI-based configuration tool for setting up ADCs, OpAmps, Timers, Clocks, GPIO, Comparators, Serial Communication, and other MSP430 peripherals.
- Generates easy-to-understand C code that properly configures your device
- Compatible with LaunchPad and most eZ430 tools
- Grace tooltips offer helpful popups and hints for properly configuring your MSP430 device
- Minimizes any configuration conflicts or collisions between multiple peripherals
Install Instructions:There are several options for getting Grace, which are available in the table below! OPTION 1 - Get the latest version of CCSv5! - GRACE-FREE
- Grace is a pre-installed plugin in CCS version 5.1 and later and is included by default with the MSP430 package. If you don't have it already, download and install Code Composer Studio 5. Grace examples are included inside the MSP430Ware resource package. You can check which version of Grace you have by finding the Grace icon in the Help->About Code Composer Studio menu in CCS.
OPTION 2 - Grace Standalone Tool - GRACE
- For those developing in development environments other than CCS, a standalone version of Grace is also provided, and can be downloaded & installed within the table above, labelled “GRACE”.
Questions? Ask for help on the MSP430 section of the E2E forum at www.ti.com/gracefeedback