IWR6843 intelligent mmWave overhead detection sensor (ODS) antenna plug-in module IWR6843ISK-ODS (ACTIVE)
- MMWAVEICBOOST and Antenna Module User's Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 33626 KB)
30 May 2019
IWR6843ISK-ODS is an easy-to-use mmWave sensor evaluation kit with a short-range antenna with wide field of view (FoV) enabling direct connectivity to the mmWave sensors carrier card platform (MMWAVEICBOOST). It contains a 60-GHz mmwave radar transceiver and antenna etched on the Rogers board. The board enables access to point-cloud data through a USB interface, and raw analog-to-digital converter (ADC) data through a 60-pin high-speed connector.
This kit is supported by standard mmWave tools and software, including mmWave studio (MMWAVE-STUDIO) and the mmWave software development kit (MMWAVE-SDK). IWR6843ISK-ODS paired with MMWAVEICBOOST (sold separately) can interface with the MCU LaunchPad™ development kit ecosystem.
A 5-V 2.5-A supply brick with a 2.1-mm barrel plug (center positive) is not included. TI recommends purchasing an external power supply that complies with applicable regional safety standards.
- 60-GHz mmWave sensor
- Four receive (RX) three transmit (TX) antenna
- 120° azimuth FoV
- 120° elevation with approximately 12-m range
- Direct interface with MMWAVEICBOOST
- Supports 60-pin high-speed interface for host-controlling interface
- Module is capable of having onboard power-management IC (PMIC), power-consumption monitoring and temperature sensor
- IWR6843ISK-ODS plug-in module
- Plain washers
- Phillips flat-head screw (M3 16-mm length)
- Hex nut (steel M3 x 0.5)
- Hex standoff (aluminum M3 5-mm length)
- Quick-start guide
- Warranty card (disclaimer sheet)