C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad
The C2000™ Piccolo LaunchPad is an inexpensive, modular, and fun evaluation platform, enabling you to dive into real-time, closed-loop control development with Texas Instruments’ C2000™ 32-bit microcontroller family. This platform provides a great starting point for development of many common power electronics applications, including motor control, digital power supplies, solar inverters, digital LED lighting, precision sensing, and more.
To view all available C2000 LaunchPads and BoosterPacks, visit the C2000 LaunchPad site.
The C2000 LaunchPad is based around the C2000 Piccolo TMS320F28027 MCU, which features a 60 MIPS processing core, 64 KB integrated flash, 8 PWM channels with high resolution capability, 12-bit 4.6 MSPS ADC, capture interface, serial connectivity, and more.
The board includes an isolated XDS100 JTAG emulator facilitating easy programming and debugging, 40 PCB pins providing easy access to the F28027 processor, convenient reset and programmable buttons, and more. Plus, with the BoosterPack ecosystem, designers can expand the functionality of the C2000 LaunchPad hardware to explore application use-cases.
LaunchPad software example code, libraries, drivers, and more are provided for free through the C2000 MCU family’s controlSUITE™ software suite. Likewise, users get access to an unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) for software development with the C2000 Piccolo TMS320F28027 microcontroller.
Getting started with your C2000 LaunchPad is easy, thanks to a simple and fun out-of-the box project:
- Pre-programmed C2000 Piccolo F28027 MCU
- Built in isolated XDS100 JTAG Emulator enables real-time in-system programming and debugging via USB
- CPU reset button and programmable push button
- Enables development on any Piccolo F2802x device
- Free unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE)
- Free download of controlSUITE™ software with examples, libraries, application software and more
- C200 Piccolo LaunchPad Evaluation Board (LAUNCHXL-F28027
- Mini USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
Get to Know C2000 Microcontrollers
C2000 MCUs enable uncompromising performance for various real-time control applications like motor control, digital power supplies, and solar.
Like the LaunchPad? Upgrade it with InstaSPIN!
- The same LaunchPad you love
- Now InstaSPIN-FOC enabled for motor applications
- 24V/10A Booster Pack