InstaSPIN™-FOC enabled C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad
- C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad Quick Start Guide: LAUNCHXL-F28027F
(PDF 6175 KB)
08 Oct 2013 2,276 views
- LAUNCHXL-F28027 C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad Experimenter Kit (Rev. A)
(PDF 422 KB)
06 Jan 2014 5,327 views
The C2000™ Piccolo LaunchPad is an inexpensive, modular, and fun evaluation platform, enabling you to dive into real-time, closed-loop control development with Texas Instruments’ C2000™ 32-bit microcontroller family. This platform provides a great starting point for development of many common power electronics applications, including motor control, digital power supplies, solar inverters, digital LED lighting, precision sensing, and more.
To view all available C2000 LaunchPads and BoosterPacks, visit the C2000 LaunchPad site.
This C2000 LaunchPad is based around the C2000 InstaSPIN™ TMS320F28027F MCU, which features InstaSPIN™-FOC motor control technology, 60 MIPS processing core, 64 KB integrated flash, 8 PWM channels with high resolution capability, 12-bit 4.6 MSPS ADC, capture interface, serial connectivity, and more.
Included InstaSPIN-FOC technology on the TMS320F28027F MCU brings instant sensorless FOC motor control to all skill levels of designers. With InstaSPIN-FOC technology, designers can auto-identify, auto-tune, and fully control any type of three phase, variable speed, sensorless motor control system in minutes. Learn more about InstaSPIN products and technology at the InstaSPIN web portal.
The LaunchPad board includes an isolated XDS100 JTAG emulator facilitating easy programming and debugging, 40 PCB pins providing easy access to the TMS320F28027F processor, convenient reset and programmable buttons, and more. Plus, with the BoosterPack ecosystem, designers can expand the functionality of the C2000 LaunchPad hardware to explore specific application use-cases.
For general development with the LAUNCHXL-F28027F LaunchPad, a free download of the C2000 MCU family’s controlSUITE™ software suite provides software example code, libraries, drivers, and more. Plus, for motor-based development with InstaSPIN-FOC technology, a free download of the MotorWare™ software suite provides added motor development modules and InstaSPIN-FOC sensorless motor control projects. Finally, users get access to an unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) for software development with the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28027F microcontroller.
Getting started with your C2000 LaunchPad is easy. Simply download the Quick Start Guide and to jump into development with the LAUNCHXL-F28027F LaunchPad. The C2000 LaunchPad Wiki also provides a great resource for using the LaunchPad.
With the BOOSTXL-DRV8301 or BOOSTXL-DRV8305EVM BoosterPack combined with the C2000 LAUNCHXL-F28027F LaunchPad, you can take full advantage of TI’s InstaSPIN-FOC sensorless motor control solution. Purchase below.
- C2000 Piccolo F28027F MCU with InstaSPIN™-FOC technology
- Built in isolated XDS100v2 JTAG Emulator enables real-time in-system programming and debugging via USB
- CPU reset button and programmable push button
- Free unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment IDE
- Free download of controlSUITE™ software with examples, libraries, application software and more for general application development
- Free download of MotorWare™ software with drivers, modules, and InstaSPIN-FOC projects that work with various BoosterPacks
- Free GUI to instrument software built in Motorware™ GUI
- InstaSPIN™-FOC enabled C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad Evaluation BOard (LAUNCHXL-F28027F)
- Mini USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide