LMG34xx GaN system-level evaluation mother board LMG34XX-BB-EVM (ACTIVE)
This motherboard does not include a daughter card. The motherboard requires a daughter card to function. Select daughter card here.
- Using the LMG3410-HB-EVM Half-Bridge and LMG34XX-BB-EVM Breakout Board EVM (Rev. A)
(PDF 3636 KB)
03 May 2017
The LMG34XX-BB-EVM is an easy to use breakout board to configure any LMG34XX half bridge board, such as the LMG3410-HB-EVM, as a synchronous buck converter. By providing a power stage, bias power and logic circuitry this EVM allows for quick measurements of the GaN device switching. This EVM is capable of delivering up to 8 A of output current with adequate thermal management (forced air, low frequency operation, etc) to insure the maximum operating temperature is not exceeded. This EVM is not suitable for transient measurements since it is an open loop board.
Only a single pulse width modulated input is required, with complementary pulse width modulated signals and corresponding dead time generated on board. Probe points are provided to allow for key logic and power stage waveforms to be measured with oscilloscope probes that have short ground springs.
- Input voltage operates up to 600V
- Simple open loop design to evaluate performance of LMG3410
- Single PWM input on board for PWM signal with 50 ns dead time
- Convenient probe points for logic and power stage measurements with oscilloscope probes that have short ground spring probes