|Part Number||Status||Host||OS||Current Version|
|ACTIVE||PC||Microsoft Windows XP, Vista (32-bit editions)||v3.1 SR1 (Build 188.8.131.52.8)|
- Code Composer Studio v5.4 for MSP430 User's Guide (Rev. Y)
(PDF 751 KB)
10 May 2013 23,261views
View Code Composer Essentials
Code Composer Essentials v3.1 SR1 streamlines the design process with a more intuitive interface combined with leading C code density and powerful debugging capabilities. Major upgrades include an optimizations and improvements focused on improving design flow, simplifying debugging and verification and speeding time-to-market while keeping system costs low:
- Increased ease-of-use: Streamlined options dialog boxes reduce the number of steps required for commonly performed design tasks. Additionally, developers have consolidated access to other MSP430 compilers tools such the MSPGCC GNU tool chains through a single IDE.
- Advanced embedded emulation: Comprehensive support of MSP430 MCU's on-chip capabilities, including hardware-based breakpoints and stack trace, results in faster emulation and more efficient debugging.
- High-performance debugger: Replacing the GDB debugger with the TI CCStudio Debug Server yields up to 200 percent faster performance for tasks such as downloading applications, single-stepping, and refreshing registers and variables.
- Updated C-code syntax: Allows developers to directly import code without modification from the rich diversity of code examples, libraries and demos from TI and TI third parties.
- Support for all MSP430 MCUs: Support for all MSP430 MCU generations including the extended memory capabilities of MSP430X architecture such as the MSP430F261x and MSP430F5xx.
- Based on Eclipse: CCE v3.1 SR1 is based on the Eclipse 3.2 open source development platform, which offers developers the freedom of choice in tool integration, software modeling and testing in a multi-language, platform and vendor environment.
- Language flexible: Several programming languages are supported including MSP430 assembly, C and C++.
- Support: First class support is available via support.ti.com and the E2E Forum. A software support wiki is also available addressing the most Frequently Asked Questions.
Code Compose Essentials v3.1 integrated development environment reduces development time and optimizes the performance for MSP430 applications. Based on the Eclipse 3.2 platform, CCE allows you to leverage hundreds of plug-ins to accelerate your development from www.eclipseplugincentral.com.Code Composer Essential's fully integrated Host Tools include:
- MSP430 C compiler, assembler and linker
- Source Code Debugger
- Integrated Visual Project Manager
- Hardware and virtual breakpoints
- Integrated editor
- New, certified USB drivers for eZ430-F2013 and MSP-FET430UIF USB emulators
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The new USB drivers may prevent proper operation of older MSP430 development software. Therefore, all 3rd party tools have to updated as well.
- Updated CMD and header files for MSP430F54x and other MSP430 derivatives
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You may have to replace the CMD file in your CCE project with the new version that comes with CCE v3.1 SR1
- Support for new MSP430 derivatives:
- CC430F5xx and CC430F6xx
- Significant code size improvements - ~10% smaller code vs CCE v3.0
- Increased ease-of-use
- New Welcome Screen simplifies usage for new users (requires Flash player)
- Simplified toolbars
- Advanced embedded emulation with more pre-defined breakpoint cases
- Global register option - reserve registers R4 & R5 for direct use
- Updated C-code syntax (additional intrinsics supported):
- New default setting for “printf” allows usage on small devices
- Various minor improvements and bug fixes
- Code Composer Essentials v3.1 Service Pack (updates CCE v3 to CCE v3.1) (Rev. E) (slac135e.zip, 69095 KB)
25 Jul 2008 zip