MSP430 LaunchPad Value Line Development kit
The MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad is not supported by the Mac or Linux versions of the Code Composer Studio™ Integrated Development Environment. If you want to work with these operating systems, we suggest you select one of the many other MSP LaunchPads.
MSP-EXP430G2 Software Examples (Rev. F)
(ZIP 12075 KB)
29 Sep 2014 10,691 views
- MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad Development Kit User's Guide (Rev. G)
(PDF 894 KB)
18 Mar 2016 19,759 views
MSP-EXP430G2 Hardware Design Files (Rev. C)
(ZIP 599 KB)
29 Sep 2014 6,979 views
The MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad Development Kit is an easy-to-use microcontroller development board for the low-power and low-cost MSP430G2x MCUs. It has on-board emulation for programming and debugging and features a 14/20-pin DIP socket, on-board buttons and LEDs & BoosterPack Plug-in Module pinouts that support a wide range of modules for added functionality such as wireless, displays & more.
The MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad also comes with 2 MSP430 devices, with up to 16kB Flash, 512B RAM, 16MHz CPU speed and integrated peripherals such as 8ch 10-bit ADC, timers, serial communication (UART, I2C & SPI) & more!
You can browse all documentation online with TI Resource Explorer and start development with the online CCS Cloud IDE. Other professional development environments are also available, such as TI's Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio and IAR Embedded Workbench.
More information about the LaunchPad, as well as supported BoosterPacks, can be found at the TI LaunchPad website.
Featured Hardware and Software Files
- The LaunchPad development board features:
o 14-/20-pin DIP (N) socket
o Built-in flash emulation for debugging and programming
o 2 programmable LEDs
o 1 power LED
o 1 programmable button
o 1 reset button
- Supports MSP430G2xx2, MSP430G2xx3, and MSP430F20xx devices in PDIP14 or PDIP20 packages
- The LaunchPad's integrated emulator interface connects flash-based MSP430 Value Line devices to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging via USB.
- Includes one mini USB cable to interface with a PC.
- Included MSP430G2xx device features:
- MSP430G2553IN20 – 16kB Flash, 512B RAM, interruptible GPIOs (capacitive sense-capable), 16-bit timers, 8ch 10-bit ADC, Comparator, Serial Communication (USCI – I2C, SPI & UART) & more
- MSP430G2452IN20 – 8kB Flash, 256B RAM, interruptible GPIOs (capacitive sense-capable), 16-bit timers, 8ch 10-bit ADC, Comparator, Serial Communication (USI – I2C & SPI) & more
- Included MSP430G2xx devices feature preloaded sample programs.
- Free downloadable versions of IAR Kickstart and Code Composer Studio Version 5 integrated development environments are available and include an assembler, linker, simulator, source-level debugger, and C-compiler. These free IDEs are unrestricted on MSP430 Value Line devices.
- RoHS compliant
- MSP430G2553IN20 flash device (preloaded with sample program
- MSP430G2452IN20 flash device (preloaded with sample program
- 10-pin PCB Connector (2 male/2 female)
- 32kHz crystal
- LaunchPad Development board (MSP-EXP430G2)
- LaunchPad sticker
- Mini USB cable
- QuickStart Guide