MSP430 LaunchPad Value Line Development kit
MSP-EXP430G2 Software Examples (Rev. F)
(ZIP 12075 KB)
29 Sep 2014 8,409 views
- MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad Evaluation Kit User's Guide (Rev. F)
(PDF 754 KB)
12 Jan 2015 14,987 views
MSP-EXP430G2 Hardware Design Files (Rev. C)
(ZIP 599 KB)
29 Sep 2014 5,137 views
Special Note: The MSP-EXP430G2 is temporarily out of stock with expected availability in April. Alternative MSP430 LaunchPad Development Kits, such as the FRAM technology that simplifies development.
The MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad is an easy-to-use flash programmer and debugging tool for the MSP430G2xx Value Line microcontrollers. It features everything you need to start developing on an MSP430 microcontroller device. It has on-board emulation for programming and debugging and features a 14/20-pin DIP socket, on-board buttons and LEDs & BoosterPack-compatible pinouts that support a wide range of plug-in modules for added functionality such as wireless, displays & more.
The MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad also comes with 2 MSP430 device, with up to 16kB Flash, 512B RAM, 16MHz CPU speed and integrated peripherals such as 8ch 10-bit ADC, timers, serial communication (UART, I2C & SPI) & more!
Free software development tools are also available, such as TI’s Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio, . Open Source development is also available thanks to community-driven projects such as the or , a branch of the popular Wiring framework.IAR Embedded WorkbenchMSPGCC compilerEnergia
Find more info about LaunchPad, the supported BoosterPacks & available resources at our LaunchPad portal page! Also be sure to visit our LaunchPad wiki.
Explore different applications on your LaunchPad with BoosterPack plug-in modules.
Get started with the LaunchPad Book published by Elsevier. Blink LEDs, buzz buzzers & sense sensors quickly with this useful guide! Leverages the wonderful community-created tool, Energia.
Featured Hardware and Software Files
- The LaunchPad development board features:
o 14-/20-pin DIP (N) socket
o Built-in flash emulation for debugging and programming
o 2 programmable LEDs
o 1 power LED
o 1 programmable button
o 1 reset button
- Supports MSP430G2xx2, MSP430G2xx3, and MSP430F20xx devices in PDIP14 or PDIP20 packages
- The LaunchPad's integrated emulator interface connects flash-based MSP430 Value Line devices to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging via USB.
- Includes one mini USB cable to interface with a PC.
- Included MSP430G2xx device features:
- MSP430G2553IN20 – 16kB Flash, 512B RAM, interruptible GPIOs (capacitive sense-capable), 16-bit timers, 8ch 10-bit ADC, Comparator, Serial Communication (USCI – I2C, SPI & UART) & more
- MSP430G2452IN20 – 8kB Flash, 256B RAM, interruptible GPIOs (capacitive sense-capable), 16-bit timers, 8ch 10-bit ADC, Comparator, Serial Communication (USI – I2C & SPI) & more
- Included MSP430G2xx devices feature preloaded sample programs.
- Free downloadable versions of IAR Kickstart and Code Composer Studio Version 5 integrated development environments are available and include an assembler, linker, simulator, source-level debugger, and C-compiler. These free IDEs are unrestricted on MSP430 Value Line devices.
- RoHS compliant
- MSP430G2553IN20 flash device (preloaded with sample program
- MSP430G2452IN20 flash device (preloaded with sample program
- 10-pin PCB Connector (2 male/2 female)
- 32kHz crystal
- LaunchPad Development board (MSP-EXP430G2)
- LaunchPad sticker
- Mini USB cable
- QuickStart Guide