MSP430 100-Pin Target board and USB Programmer
- MSP430 Hardware Tools User's Guide (Rev. R)
(PDF 7566 KB)
15 May 2014 29,747 views
The MSP-FET430U100 is a powerful flash emulation tool that includes the hardware and software required to quickly begin application development on the MSP430 MCU. It includes a ZIF socket target board (MSP-TS430PZ100) and a USB debugging interface (MSP-FET) used to program and debug the MSP430 in-system through the JTAG interface or the pin saving Spy Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) protocol. The flash memory can be erased and programmed in seconds with only a few keystrokes, and since the MSP430 flash is ultra-low power, no external power supply is required.
The debugging tool interfaces the MSP430 to the included integrated software environment and includes code to start your design immediately. The MSP-FET430U100 development board supports some MSP430 flash parts in a 100-pin LQFP package (TI package code: PZ), except the MSP430F471xx and the MSP430F543x. For the MSP430F471xx, see the MSP-TS430PZ100A development board. For the MSP430F543x, see the MSP-FET430U5x100 development board.
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
- USB debugging interface (MSP-FET) connects a flash-based MSP430 MCU to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging
- Technical specifications:
- Software configurable supply voltage between 1.8 and 3.6 volts at 100mA
- Supports JTAG Security Fuse blow to protect code
- Supports all MSP430 boards with JTAG header
- Supports both JTAG and Spy-Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) debug protocols
- Development board with a ZIF socket fitting MSP430 derivatives in 100-pin LQFP (PZ) packages includes an LED indicator, JTAG adapter, and header pin-outs for prototyping (MSP-TS430PZ100)
[ What's Included Text ]
- Development board with 100-pin LQFP (PZ) ZIF socket (MSP-TS430PZ100)
- Eight PCB 1x25-pin headers (four male and four female)
- MSP-FET - MSP430 Flash Emulation Tool
- MSP430 Flash Devices (2): MSP430FG4619IPZ
- Microcrystal MS1V-T1K 32.768kHz crystal, C(Load) = 7pF