MSP-FET430U8 - 8-pin Target Development Board and MSP-FET Programmer Bundle for MSP430G2x MCUs
The MSP-FET430U8 kit includes all of the hardware and software required to quickly begin application development on the MSP430 MCU. This kit includes a ZIF socket target board (MSP-TS430D8) that accepts MSP430 devices in 8 pin SOIC packages (TI Package Code: D). It is also bundled with a USB flash emulation tool (MSP-FET) that interfaces the target board to a PC, allowing developers to program and debug their MSP430 devices through in-system emulation via JTAG interface, or the pin-saving Spy Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) protocol. Since the MSP430 flash is ultra-low power, no external power supply is required. The flash emulation tool interfaces the MSP430 to the included integrated software environment and includes code to start your design immediately.
Device Support: The MSP-FET430U8 development kit supports the MSP430G2210 and MSP430G2230 MCUs in the 8-pin SOIC package (TI package code: D).
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.
- Bundled kit includes both the flash emulation tool and socketed target board for interfacing the MSP430 device to a PC.
- Flash emulation tool (MSP-FET) connects a flash-based MSP430 MCU to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging. This unit has a USB B-connector on one end of the case (to PC) and a 2x7-pin male JTAG connector on the other end of the case (to target board).
- The MSP-TS430D8 target board breaks out all of the pins of the MSP430 device for easy prototyping. When plugged into the flash emulation tool, the target board allows the MSP430 device to interface with a PC for programming and debugging.
- Target board features a status LED, JTAG adapter, and header pin-outs.
- Technical specifications:
- Software configurable supply voltage between 1.8 and 3.6 volts at 100mA
- Supports JTAG Security Fuse blow to protect code
- Supports all MSP430 boards with JTAG header
- Supports both JTAG and Spy-Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) debug protocols
- One USB debugging interface (MSP-FET)
- One Target board (MSP- TS430D8)
- MSP430 Flash Devices (2): MSP430G2xx0 devices
- Microcrystal MS1V-T1K 32.768kHz crystal, C(Load) = 12.5pF